As you are aware - I LOVE the concept of selling direct to consumer and owning a brand in general as against selling a range of other manufacturers’ brands.
I especially LOVE direct to consumer product businesses when they go against the grain to disrupt an entire industry.
my guest on today’s show has done exactly that with his electric bike company he co-founded with his brother called EVELO.
it is a customer-obsessed at the same time innovative electric bike company
On this episode, Boris shares
- how his company recently raised $750,000 from actual investors on seedinvest.com and not kickstarter or indiegogo
- their sales funnel
- why content marketing is synonymous to education (especially for high ticket products)
- how they use their customers as affiliates in a clever ‘ambassador referral program’ they developed
- and his view on why direct to consumer businesses should be 50% innovation and 50% customer experience
Message from Our Sponsors:
This episode is brought to you by Salsify
As an online retailer or supplier, you are well aware that ACCURATE PRODUCT CONTENT drives more sales...
However, as your store starts to scale the harsh reality is that maintaining product description content becomes more and more of a challenge to ecommerce teams.
Salsify is a SaaS based product content management platform built specifically for online retailers and brand owners.
I recently took Salsify on a test drive and here are the glaring advantages etailers stand to gain:
- Your entire product catalog can be accessed by any department in a centralised hub,
- There’s a workflow setup that ensures no fields go amiss when product data is published to multiple channels such as Amazon, your Google Merchant account or just directly to your ecommerce store
- Salsify tells you when it spots missing critical fields across your product catalog
It is really a modern, flexible and robust product management platform I recommend if your store and brand's product catalog changes often and if you publish to numerous channels often.
As a 2X eCommerce listener, you can get to trial Salsify for free at