'High Growth Handbook' author Elad Gil
Aug 20, 2018
Startup advisor and Color Genomics co-founder Elad Gil talks with Recode's Kara Swisher about his new book, "High Growth Handbook: Scaling Startups from 10 to 10,000 People."
In this episode:
- 00:03:30 - Why Gil stepped down as CEO of Color
- 00:06:00 - Why he wrote "High Growth Handbook"
- 00:09:52 - Is there too much reinvention in tech businesses?
- 00:11:25 - Startup myths and Rachleff's Law
- 00:17:20 - Contrarians are usually wrong!
- 00:23:00 - How to build a board and evolve it as your company grows
- 00:29:14 - The "old-timer" problem
- 00:32:14 - The Sheryl Sandberg effect and when CEOs should step aside
- 00:37:10 - Is innovation dying in Silicon Valley?
- 00:41:05 - Are startups threatened more by the Big 5 or their own founders?
- 00:43:59 - The dangers of Silicon Valley losing its optimism
- 00:52:05 - San Francisco's bad governance